There are no items in your cart.
The 1911 is a timeless beauty of a gun that's been reliable and accurate for over a hundred years. Yes, it might seem a bit on the bulky side, but believe it or not, with a bit of planning, it can make an excellent EDC gun.
One of the things that really stand out about the 1911 is its slimness. Thanks to its single-stack magazine design, the grip isn't as chunky as some of the double-stack pistols out there. This makes it easier to hide away, which is a big plus. Not to mention, it's not as heavy as some of its metal-framed cousins, which is something to think about if you plan on carrying it around all day.
Let's not forget about the trigger. Many 1911s are known for their crisp, clean triggers. It can make a big difference in those tense situations where you need to get your shot right.
But let's be real, it's not all sunshine and rainbows with the 1911. It's a bit on the larger side, so while the slim profile helps, you still might have a hard time hiding it away. You'll need to think about your holster and wardrobe to make sure it stays out of sight.
The ammo capacity might be another potential downside. Most 1911s don't hold as many rounds as some of the other modern pistols out there. Yes, the .45 ACP round is powerful, but you're only looking at 7-8 shots. Depending on your situation, this could be a dealbreaker.
If you're sold on the idea of a 1911 for concealed carry, you'll want to think about a few things. Size, obviously. A compact or subcompact 1911 will be a lot easier to conceal than a full-size model. Look for one with a shorter barrel and grip to keep things manageable.
Sights are another thing to look at. A lot of 1911s have standard sights, but you might want something more low-profile and easy to use for a concealed carry. One area where the 1911 truly shines is the trigger. A nice, crisp trigger with a short reset can make a world of difference.
When it comes to holsters, you want something that's just right for your gun. Something that will hold it in place, protect it, and won't accidentally let it go off. Make sure it's specifically designed for your 1911 model and that it fits like a glove. It should be comfortable to wear and not get in your way.
Don't forget about a good belt. It should be sturdy enough to hold up your gun and keep it where it needs to be. Some belts are even made with reinforced leather or synthetic materials, which can help distribute the weight evenly and make it more comfortable.
So, if you're in the market for a top-notch 1911 for concealed carry, there's plenty to choose from. They're all about quality, performance, and reliability. Following are just a few examples:
1. Wilson Combat CQB Compact - The CQB Compact is a high-end 1911-style pistol that is designed specifically for concealed carry. It has a 4-inch barrel and is chambered in .45 ACP. This pistol features a lightweight aluminum frame, crisp trigger, and excellent accuracy. It also has night sights and is available with a variety of custom options.
2. Ed Brown Kobra Carry - The Ed Brown Kobra Carry is an excellent option for concealed carry due to its compact size and lightweight aluminum frame. Its high-quality components, including a match-grade barrel and adjustable night sights, provide exceptional accuracy and reliability. The "Snakeskin" texturing on the frontstrap and mainspring housing ensures a secure grip, and the recessed slide stop and flattened magazine release make it easy to handle. Overall, the Kobra Carry is a top-of-the-line option for anyone looking for a reliable and concealable handgun.
3. Nighthawk Custom T3 - The T3 is a premium-grade 1911-style pistol that is designed for concealed carry. It has a 3.8-inch barrel and is chambered in 9mm or .45 ACP. This pistol features a lightweight aluminum frame, crisp trigger, and excellent accuracy. It also has night sights and is available with a variety of custom options.
4. Les Baer Ultimate Carry - The Ultimate Carry is a highly accurate and reliable 1911-style pistol that is designed for concealed carry. It has a 4.25-inch barrel and is chambered in .45 ACP. This pistol features a lightweight aluminum frame, crisp trigger, and excellent accuracy. It also has adjustable sights and is available with a variety of custom options.
5. STI DVC Carry - The DVC Carry is a high-end 1911-style pistol that is designed for concealed carry. It has a 3.9-inch barrel and is chambered in 9mm or .45 ACP. This pistol features a lightweight aluminum frame, crisp trigger, and excellent accuracy. It also has adjustable sights and is available with a variety of custom options.
These high-end 1911 models are designed for serious shooters who demand the very best in quality and performance. While they may be more expensive than some other models, they offer exceptional accuracy, reliability, and customization options that can be tailored to your individual needs and preferences.
Overall, the 1911 can be an excellent choice for concealed carry with the right setup. Its slim profile, accurate trigger, and reliability make it a popular choice for many gun owners. When selecting a 1911 for concealed carry, consider the size, sights, and trigger to find the right model for your needs. With proper training and practice, the 1911 can be a highly effective self-defense tool.
© Copyright 2023. Kind Sniper | KindSniper.com. All Rights Reserved.
Leave a Comment